Sr. Analyst, Programmatic Marketing (CRM)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Retention and CRM are at the core of our strategy at Grubhub. The mission of our team is to understand each of our customers; help them find restaurants they love; and bring them delightful, fun, branded experiences that will encourage them to buy more of our food. We are obsessed with data: rigorous and analytical, we build programmatic marketing triggers and models that help us treat each customer individually. We obsess over A/B tests, we treat our marketing as a product that we nurture and develop - not a set of ad-hoc, independent campaigns.
We use our heart (art) and mind (science) to drive loyalty and build relationships with our customers - which will ultimately drive orders.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be using customer insights to own several of our marketing products end-to-end. One example of such product is our Weather Alert program: we’ve noticed that diners love to order delivery when it’s raining outside. So we’ve discovered that telling them that it’ll rain during their lunch or dinner hour is likely to drive orders. We then developed outbound marketing triggers in email and push notifications that tells them about it. We’ve coded it once, and are reaping benefits from it consistently.
As our Senior Analyst, you will develop new triggers like this one; and optimize existing triggers across channels - in email, push notifications, display, paid social, and in our website and apps. Using this programmatic marketing approach, deeply rooted in customer insights, you will have direct impact on the bottom line for the company.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Own end-to-end programmatic marketing campaigns across channels
- Dive deeply into the data, spend time with customers, develop theories and test them
- Use statistically rigorous A/B testing methods to see what’s working and what’s not, and iterate quickly
- Work with data scientists, engineers, creatives and own the execution of your programmatic campaigns.
- You will be responsible for results - incremental orders - so be ready to have a prioritized roadmap and defend it!
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field and 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing. Hands-on experience developing CRM programs, especially in the email and push notifications channels, are a plus.
- Passion for applying analytical methods to determine success: A/B testing, statistical analysis, Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in Excel - you should love VLOOKUP and pivot tables. Experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re driver of change, excited to learn quickly, the one to inspire the team to take risks, learn quickly - and systematically improve.
- You must be comfortable with change and disruption, and excited by imagining the “art of the possible” and dreaming up new ideas for breakthrough marketing.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives that dedicate time to innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top