Sr. Analyst - Market Health
- Chicago, IL
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, data-driven Senior Analyst to be a founding member of our Market Health team. Market Health is responsible for understanding the drivers of local market performance, including restaurant network density and availability, local marketing efforts, diner and driver service levels, and the competitive landscape. In this role, you will work to build a data driven approach for market diagnostics and work cross-functionally with all the departments that impact local market performance, thereby guiding strategic investment and execution for success. To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to identify and curate meaningful KPIs at the local market level.
- Create a point of view on the interconnectedness of inputs and outputs in a three-sided marketplace at the local market level.
- Work with the data team to assemble a set of dashboards to produce a cross-functional view at the local market level, including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and the competitive landscape.
- Own a specific market or set of markets with the goal of identifying growth governors and generating insights and recommendations to accelerate growth.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement growth strategies and monitor success.
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance or tech.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data.
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems and make sense of complex and interconnected systems.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- SQL and Tableau skills are strongly preferred.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top