Sr. Analyst, Front End (Digital/Data Analytics)
- New York, NY
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
You are a mobile and web analytics rockstar eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for driving actionable insights across the organization. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms. You love the promise of big data and will support company growth by taking ownership of data assets and collection methodologies to allow the organization to distill opportunities and themes from that data, and to design programs to test theories and new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights in an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social, and eCommerce. You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, and our senior leadership team.
The Impact You Will Make
- Independently drive the end-to-end cycle of analytics workflow, from data collection requirements to reporting
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Finance teams to identify impactful project measurement goals and opportunities for enhancement/optimization.
- Drive standardization for tag creation, documentation, and audit processes, to ensure there is a baseline of data quality, consistency, and architectural integrity throughout historical data.
- Work closely with Engineering teams, to translate business KPIs into technical requirements and drive workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Manage third-party advertising pixels, while being mindful of data privacy regulations
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with business stakeholders across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Provide training to stakeholders, in order to facilitate the effective use of data
- Work with Legal to ensure data collection is aligned with data privacy guidelines
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
What You Bring to the Table
- 4-6 years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A deep understanding of website and/or mobile app tag structures, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis
- Keen ability to identify business goals, translate them into measurable KPIs, and set expectations on reporting impact
- Hands-on implementation experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel and/or similar analytics tools, from a tagging and data collection perspective for project launches and iterations.
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Exposure to A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and analyses to validate a hypothesis
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and present complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Proficiency in building analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Implemented ad pixels and reported on marketing campaign performance.
- Good understanding of attribution Analysis to examine marketing campaign influence in site traffic volume and conversion rates.
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- The drive and ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Implemented ad pixels and reported on marketing campaign performance
- Familiarity with Tableau or other dashboarding tools, to provide insights and visualizations on complex data sets.
- Comfortable working with raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top