Software Engineer II - Services & Add-Ons
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is seeking an experienced engineer to join our dynamic Services & Add-Ons Team. Our work is at the center of the order taking pipeline and is responsible for new features that improve the customer experience. Candidates should have an interest in building features in a system that handles hundreds of thousands of orders a day, with an interest in application design and distributed architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our order taking platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and other engineers to deliver features that drive our business
- Be a proponent for improving our systems as well as our users’ experiences
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience working with thoroughly tested code
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers and coordinating with developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top