Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Restaurant Integrations team you will be responsible for integrations with industry-leading point-of-sale and online ordering systems, providing the perfect multi-channel ordering experience for the diners. Our goal is to enable small and medium business restaurants, and enterprise restaurants to deliver their up-to-date menus to our Diners. Additionally, our point-of-sale integrations allow the restaurants to track orders from placement to fulfillment, increasing efficiency and accuracy in the order flow. You will work closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces.
The Impact You Will Make
- Develop highly-available, fault tolerant features for our microservices platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that increase the offerings & efficiency of our systems
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective and help us drive innovation
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, monitoring the performance of the application and the platform
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/gatling.io)
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available distributed systems (5x9’s uptime etc.)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams
- Team player with experience interacting with diverse teams
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience with distributed architecture designs and design patterns
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific)
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.