Site Reliability Engineer - Platform/Cloud Infrastructure
Grubhub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes Grubhub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Grubhub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work within the Software Engineering team that provides the platform for building multi datacenter, highly available, performant services. The SRE will also work on our internal continuous deployment platform, helping to add large new features.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle:
- Provide guidance and support during all phases of development around scalability, availability and performance
- Write lots of code (Python) to extend our deployment platform
- Be a subject matter expert on how the platform operates (service discovery, load balancing, monitoring/metrics, et cetera)
- Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
Experience You Should Have:
- Being embedded within a Software Engineering team
- Writing testable code in Python (more than just scripts)
- Highly available architecture
- Continuous delivery principles and practices
- Monitoring best practices
- Service discovery
- Load testing
- Public Cloud (AWS, Google or Azure)
- Linux (understand how things work under the hood)
- Mesos and/or Kubernetes
- JVM performance tuning
- Writing Java/Scala
- Prometheus, OpenTSDB
- How Grubhub uses Docker to enable continuous delivery
- How Grubhub uses Elasticsearch
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top