Service Desk Lead
About The Opportunity
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
The Service Desk Team Lead is the key position that helps keep the Service Desk team running, as well tackling technical problems and driving resolutions. This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels. The Service Desk Team Lead will report to the Manager of the Service Desk.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage Service Desk Associate I’s and Interns. Direct their work and hold accountable for tasks
- Assist with mentoring and coaching for the team. Build skills and train team members.
- Act as escalation point and expert for the entire team. Assist with leading and directing of work for broader team on projects and initiatives
- Manage team on-call schedule and triage rotation. Inform the team of any new rules or processes to follow.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes. Drive positive change while ensuring the needs of the organization are met
- Monitor team metrics and address bottlenecks/issues with ticket resolution. Focus on Service Level Agreements and ensuring the team is meeting commitments
- Act as quality control for the team-- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc
- Help smooth onboarding and offboarding experience to ensure no misses. Continue to improve new hire documentation and processes
- Bring technical skills, and become application owner, for various software we use
- Be able to manage project work--direct team to finish tasks and hold them accountable
- Identify gaps in documentation and drive initiative to fill out our wikis
- Able to perform all the tasks of SD techs
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 6+ years relevant experience required
- Interest in mentoring and coaching technicians
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices
- Software deployment and inventory systems experience - KACE and/or JAMF experience a plus
- Current working knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-domain forest a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Products ie: Jira, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye & Hipchat a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a large project team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual / remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top