Senior Software Engineer - Delivery Team
- Philadelphia, PA
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our dynamic Delivery team. Our work is growing the business into new areas of opportunity, spearheading service creation, and expansion across all the core areas of the platform. Day-to-day activities involve coding against stories in a sprint, verifying tests, and getting peer reviews prior to having the code accepted. The work will be distributed across many of the platform systems within Grubhub, to bring holistic technology releases to support large expansions in the business offerings. As a Continuous Delivery organization, releases to production are frequent, avoiding classic challenges of meeting/discussion/planning fatigue and roll-back difficulties that comes with heavy, infrequent production releases.
The Impact You Will Make
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technology staff to deliver features
- Integrate and adapt Production software into a highly distributed Simulation ecosystem
- Use and help drive business decisions by building frameworks that can evaluate business ideas
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to contribute
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Team player with experience interacting with diverse teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering related field preferred
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top