Senior Software Engineer - Content Team
- New York, NY
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms, and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Content Team at Grubhub helps catalog and serve menu content for all the Restaurants on the Grubhub platform. Our services serve millions of requests per day for restaurant availability and content. If you're an engineer interested in high scale web services and influencing a crucial part of our product this team is for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Build low latency, high throughput RESTful services
- Contribute to the content platform, software frameworks and SDK’s
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Build systems that integrate with many other real time data sources and services
- Optimize service runtime for performance and scale
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience large scale distributed real-time systems, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Solid programming experience on the JVM (Java/Scala) or similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Experience working with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience with scale and volume mobile backed systems
- API design experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them
- Remote Working. No need to be NYC or Chicago based feel free to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top