Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Security
- New York, NY
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with teams across the enterprise on improving tools and strategies for the management of security related tools and services. This can be anything from ongoing risk analysis, to building and improving automated response.
- Provide engineering teams and business stakeholders insights into security risks, and provide advice on mitigating, reducing those risks.
- Write scripts, automate processes, and create baseline images for technology teams to use in order to streamline and build line security on existing or new processes
- Comprehend large, complex systems through documentation, diagrams, and direct communication
- Help solve how to best apply security engineering techniques to the cloud and work in sync with agile processes
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Understand vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and remediation techniques and doing so in alignment with Grubhub’s policies
- Evangelize security within the organization
You Should Have
- 3+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 5+ years experience of Security Engineering experience
- Experience with leading technical projects from initial design through release
- Ability to write automation in various languages, including python, bash(sh), and Powershell.
- Experience with designing and implementing automation for technical processes
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- AWS Security or Security Operations certifications a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top