Senior Product Manager (Supply, Service & Fulfillment)
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
With a career at Grubhub you can order your cake and eat it, too!
As a Senior Product Manager at Grubhub, you will be responsible for driving product strategy, planning, design and execution for a broad swath of initiatives. Each product owner will be the key point person and subject matter expert for a significant area of our business – our diner ordering platforms, our restaurant facing technology and programs, or our internal business operations and technologies. That entails:
• Playing a key role on the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, GrubHub’s technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals.
• Envisioning, articulating and prioritizing a long-term product strategy designed to achieve these goals.
• Clearly communicating strategy and goals to project teams and ensuring delivery against them.
• Gathering and unearthing unmet customer needs through research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools.
• Delivering on rigorous, quantifiable business objectives in a matrixed, flat organization.
• Develop and drive product strategy for an identified area of focus, taking into consideration business objectives, identified and unarticulated needs, competitive landscape and resource constraints. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap that delivers on business goals.
• Connect data points, research and other insights into a clear articulation of needs and wants (derived from a variety of sources, including survey data, qualitative research, industry analysis and benchmarking, customer interviews, and internal data including logged and clickstream data) . Drive a clear strategy for prioritization and execution based on these needs and wants, setting clear goals and metrics that can measure the effectiveness of initiatives post-execution, and throughout the lifecycle of a product.
• Be an advocate for your area of focus within the GrubHub organization, serving as the voice of your customers.
• Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals.
• Manage the backlog of smaller stakeholder wish-list items, working with stakeholders to quantify the benefits and prioritize these items. Collaborate with other product owners to create a unified list of product enhancements.
• Strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to analyze business problems effectively and work cross-functionally to prioritize and ultimately drive appropriate and even game-changing solutions. An innate understanding of technology and how to use it to deliver outstanding and innovative products is a must.
• Track record of success in fast-paced organizations with matrixed reporting environments, using collaborative approaches to drive effective solutions when no direct reporting relationship exists.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills, working across a broad organization including technology, account management, marketing, finance, operations, business development and sales.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate.
• Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set goals and metrics, and aid in the prioritization of initiatives and features. Strong analytical and quant skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
• Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
• BA required; MBA a plus.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top