Senior Product Manager (Search exp.)
- New York, NY
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to work on delivering the product roadmap and execution for a range of initiatives for our diner and online ordering experience across our ecommerce organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution and optimization of Grubhub’s core ordering experience. You will report directly into a Director, Product, this role is based in our New York office.
The Impact You Will Make
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working with Grubhub’s technology team and various business teams to articulate specific goals
- Establish key performance metrics all across all platforms, develop long term strategies and products to improve them
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term product strategy for our Search & Discovery team, ensuring alignment with the overall Product Roadmap for the larger Grubhub organization
- Partner with Data Science to identify opportunities and approaches to optimize our Sort algorithm
- Own the delivery and clear messaging of the Search & Discovery team’s strategy across the organization
- Partner closely with the Product Design team to optimize the diner user experience; Finance and Analytics teams to formalize KPI and measurement plan
- Partner with other Product Managers to ensure learnings from Search & Discovery optimization are leveraged across other Product areas and used to drive goals for those workstreams
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple Product roadmaps
- Direct experience with large scale eCommerce platforms, A/B testing, web and native mobile application environments, and data analytics
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with C-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience with personalization, particularly as applied to optimizing Search & Discovery experiences
- Experience managing or providing guidance to virtual team members and or teams
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze experiment results and monitor product health; SQL skills a plus
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures
- Familiarity with SEO techniques and other product influenced growth initiatives
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top