Senior Product Manager - Search
- New York, NY
Hey! We’re Grubhub
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working with Grubhub’s technology team and various business teams to articulate specific goals
- Establish key performance metrics all across all platforms, develop long term strategies and products to improve them
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term product strategy for our Search & Discovery team, ensuring alignment with the overall Product Roadmap for the larger Grubhub organization
- Partner with Data Science to identify opportunities and approaches to optimize our Sort algorithm
- Own the delivery and clear messaging of the Search & Discovery team’s strategy across the organization
- Partner closely with the Product Design team to optimize the diner user experience; Finance and Analytics teams to formalize KPI and measurement plan
- Partner with other Product Managers to ensure learnings from Search & Discovery optimization are leveraged across other Product areas and used to drive goals for those workstreams
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple Product roadmaps
- Direct experience with large scale eCommerce platforms, A/B testing, web and native mobile application environments, and data analytics
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with C-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience with personalization, particularly as applied to optimizing Search & Discovery experiences
- Experience managing or providing guidance to virtual team members and or teams
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze experiment results and monitor product health; SQL skills a plus
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures
- Familiarity with SEO techniques and other product influenced growth initiatives
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top