Hey! We’re Grubhub
More About the Role
The Data Infrastructure team is responsible for the design, implementation & growth of the primary data analytics platform, including core libraries and infrastructure applications within Grubhub. These tools play a critical part in the long term success of the organization by building scalable systems to allow data to be processed & analyzed in a fast and effective manner for all areas of the company.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (SRE) you will be responsible for playing a pivotal role in adding and refining the tools and systems within our environment. Your expertise will allow us to improve the available tools, identify new technologies and help grow the speed of delivery for users within the data platform.
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Understand the business! Work directly with application developers, data engineers and data analysts to address their needs.
- Build streaming applications.
- Be a stakeholder for our data platform tools! Help guide and prioritize development of the tooling to enhance our capabilities.
- Help build a multi-datacenter, performant and highly available data platform and the frameworks to support it.
- Help build and support frameworks to interact with various cloud technologies.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, the development of best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- Help train software developers and other technologists on using the data platform, software stack (e.g. Kafka, Presto, Spark) to build their product-specific applications.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our systems.
- Python / Java / Scala
- Linux (Ubuntu & Amazon Linux)
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field.
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable applications.
- 1-2 years of experience with Streaming technologies (Kafka, Beam, Flink, Spark).
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
Got These? Even Better
- Experience designing and implementing multi-region streaming and data applications.
- Experience packaging Python libraries in a multi-OS environment
- Experience leveraging Gradle for packaging Java or Scala artifacts for release
- Experience deploying data pipelines in a production environment
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Spark, Kafka and PrestoSQL
- Experience programming in Java or Scala
- Experience using cloud infrastructure like AWS
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
And Of Course, Perks!
Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.