Senior Full- Stack Engineer- Enteprise Innovation
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology, that help restaurants succeed in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is seeking an engineer to join a growing team, focused on expanding the ordering products offered on our platform. This role is perfect for an individual with a strong sense of ownership, who is looking to take their engineering and mentorship skills to the next level. You will collaborate with your peers, and drive innovation in our massively distributed order-taking environment. With the help of your team, you’ll develop products that will be used by thousands of diners daily.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications
- Experience working on consumer facing applications or products
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience writing code in Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with RESTful API design
- Experience working with database technologies
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Experience working with open source technologies is required (contribution to open source systems is a plus)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events; including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes, and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connection
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top