Senior Data Analyst
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with business units and engineering teams to cultivate a deep understanding of the ever-evolving systems, processes, and most importantly, data upon which our business runs. You will use this understanding to transform our data and big data into supporting data structures, metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad hoc analysis providing actionable insights to inform and improve decision-making at all levels of the business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help identify metrics and KPIs that could be tracked in order to measure impact on multiple stakeholder groups
- Analyze A/B test results and perform cohort studies to track long-term impact on user behavior
- Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify key learnings and patterns
- Identify issues, trends and further optimization ideas from data
- Interpret data within the context of the AB testing – solve problems and distill data into actionable recommendations
- Produce visualizations of data to monitor for developing trends/patterns and highlight areas of potential improvement
You Should Have
- 4+ years of working experience
- 1 or more years of AB testing and multivariate testing experience
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the "why" of various results
- High-level proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts is a must
- Solid understanding of online analytics metrics and related statistical concepts
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS, Tableau, or SPSS is a must
- Desire to learn new technologies and grow analytical skill set
- Familiarity with programming languages Java, Scala, and Python are a big plus
- Excellent communication skills – requires confidence in communicating complex test result findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner
Got these? Even better:
- Data modeling experience for Cassandra or other NoSQL column-stores
- Conceptual, non-technical understanding/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
- Experience with Python or Scala for sourcing, manipulating, and analyzing data
- Experience working with big data e.g. Hadoop/Hive/Spark
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top