Senior Data Analyst
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with business units and engineering teams to cultivate a deep understanding of the ever-evolving systems, processes, and most importantly, data upon which our business runs. You will use this understanding to transform our data and big data into supporting data structures, metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad hoc analysis providing actionable insights to inform and improve decision-making at all levels of the business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
Help identify metrics and KPIs that could be tracked in order to measure impact on multiple stakeholder groups.
Analyze A/B test results and perform cohort studies to track long-term impact on user behavior.
Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify key learnings and patterns.
Identify issues, trends and further optimization ideas from data.
Interpret data within the context of the AB testing – solve problems and distill data into actionable recommendations.
- Produce visualizations of data to monitor for developing trends/patterns and highlight areas of potential improvement.
You Should Have:
1 or more years of AB testing and multivariate testing experience.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the "why" of various results.
- High-level proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts is a must.
- Solid understanding of online analytics metrics and related statistical concepts.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS, Tableau, or SPSS is a must.
- Desire to learn new technologies and grow analytical skill set.
- Familiarity with programming languages Java, Scala, and Python are a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills – requires confidence in communicating complex test result findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner.
Got These? Even Better:
Data modeling experience for Cassandra or other NoSQL column-stores)
Conceptual, non-technical understanding/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
Experience with Python or Scala for sourcing, manipulating, and analyzing data
Experience working with big data e.g. Hadoop/Hive/Spark
And Of Course, Perks!:
Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top