Senior Application Security Engineer
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Grubhub. We’re looking for more.
You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. You will be finding security vulnerabilities through manual review, tools you build or 1:1s with other engineers. You will write code to systemically fix and track security issues across the codebase. You will advise teams on the best way to build something to prevent future security issues.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Investigate and understand our newest projects and technologies and give security guidance to ensure that they are as robust as possible.
- Perform code and design reviews of internally developed applications.
- Develop security tools to find or fix security issues en masse.
- Use both automated and manual testing tools to find and validate vulnerabilities in our web applications
- Create automated tests to encourage and enforce security standards.
- Develop security training and education for our software engineers.
- Ensure that identified issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate timeframe.
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Ultimately being A champion for security across the whole business
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOCUS:
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as: Java, C++, C# and scripting languages Perl, Python and Ruby
- Background in penetration testing tools: Nessus, Metasploit, BurpSuite
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You enjoy both breaking and building.
- Strong knowledge of web application security issues.
- Willing to compromise when it's necessary and hold firm when it's essential.
- You are interested in teaching security since we’re all in this together.
Perks for working for the best:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide wly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top