SEM/Paid Search Marketing Associate
- Chicago, IL
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
As the Paid Search Associate, you’ll play a key role in growing and shaping the strategic direction of Grubhub’s Paid Search programs.
This is a multi-faceted role within Grubhub that will be accountable for the day-to-day operations of our Seamless Brand in addition to cooperating with the rest of the Growth team to determine B2B Paid Search operations for our Corporate, Driver and Restaurant teams.
In applying for this position you should be comfortable with proactively performing optimizations and investigating reports to identify areas of opportunity. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring new ideas, take risks and re-think existing approaches to this channel. At Grubhub, we are always innovating our methods to take SEM to the next performance level and this role plays an integral part in that process.
- Perform day to day optimization efforts to meet campaign goals, including but not limited to: keyword expansion efforts, ad copy creation & testing, bidding updates and landing page testing
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Ensure paid search campaigns adhere to best practices and troubleshoot any problems
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and take action to improve our paid search program
- Play a key role in executing paid search tests and reporting insights to senior leads
- Work with the Manager to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- Investigating reports to uncover data trends and translate the data into actionable recommendations
- Help influence strategic recommendations for our entire paid search program
- Assist in: brainstorming, executing, and reporting on experiments
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform research on our competitors and stay up to date on the latest search trends
- Review and study reports to ensure campaign goals are achieved
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-4 years experience hands on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts
- Experience in ecommerce or online retail is preferred
- Advanced user capability in Excel
- A proven track record executing paid search optimizations and accurately reporting results
- Previous experience utilizing Google Analytics
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, Marin, or similar
- Strong communication skills: ability to clearly communicate results, key learning, areas of opportunities for SEM program
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
- Recent Google Ads Search Certification
Got these, too? Even better:
- Experience writing Google AdWords scripts
- Experiencing with SQL
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience using feed management tools
- Familiar building and interpreting cohort data
- Experience managing local SEM programs is preferred
- Familiar with building Tableau reports
- Experience managing paid social ad efforts on Facebook / Instagram
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top