Restaurant Sales Executive
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
With a career at Grubhub you can order your cake and eat it, too!
This local, outside sales position is a great gig for talented sales pros that want independence and the opportunity to be nicely rewarded for top performance. Our top Sales Executives enjoy their freedom, the money they earn, and the respect they get from customers for representing a service that provides value.
You’ll be responsible for selling great restaurants in GrubHub’s top markets. This requires a blend of consultative and transactional sales skills, resourcefulness, and determination. Our best sales folks are naturals – with easy-going, trustworthy demeanors and the ability to communicate with just about anyone.
The position offers a great work/life balance, a competitive base salary with an uncapped commission ($$) pay structure. Plus you’ll have access to health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k program. If the above sounds like a fit for you, send us a resume along with a note explaining why you’re the right person for the gig.
- Sell “pay for results” advertising and exposure to local restaurants in your assigned geographic territory
- Conduct daily cold calls, walk-in meetings, schedule in person presentations, and sign restaurants
- Exceed individual high volume sales goals while working as part of a team
- Sell optimized delivery restaurants that generate a high volume of takeout orders through GrubHub’s various technology platforms
- Represent Grubhub’s core values while working face to face with restaurants
- Execute all required tasks on time and with high quality results
- Be the local market expert: gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, and provide recommendations for improvements to management
- A friendly, likable, and professional demeanor that doesn't take no for an answer
- A desire to sign up tons of local restaurants: you excel at signing new business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area, and 2+ years of successful sales experience.
- Fluency in English: language skills in Spanish or Chinese a major plus
- Restaurant industry experience and/or experience working from home is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to show patience with extreme persistence and meticulous follow through
- Ability to combine insights from past experiences, analytics, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours. Restaurants do not operate on 9-to- 5 schedules.
- Solid understanding of SalesForce.com
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly changing business
Grubhub Holdings Inc. is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Back to top