Quantitative Insights Researcher
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. We work with awesome people every day and the greatest people in the tech industry.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 45,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
The GrubHub Insights team is a well balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative researchers who are passionate about understanding people’s needs, behaviors and attitudes. This person should be a professional, who is confident in collecting, executing and analyzing quantitative data. You’ll be responsible for generating quantitative insights and integrating them into product development, strategy, and marketing efforts.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conduct large-scale quantitative studies around the needs, attitudes and behaviors of Grubhub’s diners, restaurant and delivery partners. Work hand in hand with qualitative researchers to support and validate qualitative insights
- Lead quantitative marketing research projects from start to finish; apply appropriate techniques to collect, organize and analyze quantitative data in a business environment
- Get feedback from multiple stakeholders and organize needs into a focused research objective and survey flow
- Create compelling, highly visual research presentations that yield actionable insights to key stakeholders across the organization
- Communicate research insights and recommendations to executive leadership and internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- Learn the Grubhub business and internal structure to help influence and ensure research recommendations are tailored to drive action within the organization
You Should Have
- 3-4 years of primary market research experience (client or agency side)
- Experienced conducting real world research using a wide variety of quantitative methods
- Has knack for writing surveys that not only collect useful data but are also simple to take
- Proficient with Google Consumer Surveys, SurveyMonkey, and other self-service research tools
- Experience with various types of quantitative market research studies, including awareness tracking, A&U studies, segmentation, brand equity, market sizing, and needs assessments
- Experience merging qualitative insights with quantitative surveys
- Experience with data and statistical tools, including SPSS, R, Stata, or others
- E-commerce or technology research experience preferred, but not required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top