Program Manager, Restaurant Packaging
About The Opportunity
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
We are looking for an exceptionally analytical leader to take charge of our restaurant packaging program. You’ll be responsible for running the end-to-end research, testing and development of takeout food packaging -- and bringing it to market in collaboration with manufacturers and vendors. You should have a background as a packaging engineer or designer, including prior experience in or around the restaurant food delivery space. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for creating packaging solutions that enable a superb delivery experience -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub is a dynamic, rapidly growing company; you must have the critical thinking skills to support and drive key decision making with senior leaders. You must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows or the context changes. We are scrappy entrepreneurs here at Grubhub so learning and improving are a must.
- Define the packaging strategy and product suite for restaurant partners large and small. Our marketplace is the place for every taste and we have over 75,000 restaurants on our platform from large enterprise chains to small independent restaurants and everyone in between.
- Lead the testing, design and rollout process to ensure that we’re meeting the business need and solving for key packaging use cases
- Bring packaging solutions to market and create e-commerce channel for distribution; drive adoption through the right economic model and pricing structure
- Drive cross-functional team on product roll-outs and distribution channel launch
- Analyze the relevant financial, operational, and customer experience KPIs and packaging program accordingly
- Identify packaging improvement opportunities as well as innovation within the materials and delivery gear
- Execute within an agile project management framework, which includes clear communication plans, disciplined timelines, effective review processes, thorough risk management, and the flexibility to react to learnings which arise
- Act in an advisory capacity with our larger enterprise chains in crafting packaging that suits the takeout experience (delivery and pickup)
You Should Have
- 5-7+ years of experience in packaging engineering, design or similar technical/operational roles; must be an adept strategist with experience owning end-to-end packaging development and testing process
- Track record of driving results and leading execution on cross-functional teams; you’re effective in running complex projects -- everything from project plans, tracking, communication, etc.
- Strong attention to detail; Digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; you bring solutions to the table based on thorough testing and analyses
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitions goals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or analytical field; MBA is required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top