Production Support Administrator I - 2nd Shift
About The Opportunity
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
The candidate will be a member of the 24x7 GrubOps support team working out of the Chicago corporate offices. The Production Support Admin I is a junior-level technical position supporting internal and partner systems and applications enabling GrubHub.com and Seamless.com. Technical requirements include application and server monitoring and support; and troubleshooting/correcting hardware, software and network related problems.
This position also requires contributing to a team oriented support environment with strong communication and investigative skills while managing tickets and escalating support in a professional environment. This position will report to a Team Lead/ Manager.
We are looking for a candidate who would be excited to work the second (evening shift) in our Operations Center (NOC). These hours are 3pm - midnight.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify abnormal conditions with systems, applications, and networks in Production (AWS, and on premise environments).
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) and Dev to correct application errors.
- Develop timelines for incidents that require escalation/reporting and root cause analysis.
- Execute Standard Operating Procedures as needed to maintain operational stability.
- Assist in coordinating with vendors and escalation support teams.
- Create, update, and execute Change Requests to implement system and software upgrades as needed.
- Execute complex deployment procedures for major software changes.
- Assist in incident management tasks: open, resolve, and maintain JIRA tickets.
- Execute all aspects of site planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Remain current with standard e-commerce technology used in high-availability environments.
- Linux, Windows and open source software administration.
- Work as part of an agile team.
You Should Have
- 1 - 2 years of system administration experience with Linux and Windows (SaaS or e-commerce environments a plus).
- Knowledge of web technologies: Apache Tomcat / IIS / NGINX.
- Knowledge of Firewalls/Load balancers/DNS.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows troubleshooting commands (disk I/O, CPU usage, load, and network connections & usage).
- OS scripting skills preferably using Python and Bash a plus.
- Relational Database skills a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and management (AWS).
- Self-motivated team player that can set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills.
- Must be available to support a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly resolve problems.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task, be process-minded and detail oriented.
- Passion for uptime and familiarity with e-commerce environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent experience (must .have programming experience).
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 Days of PTO
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top