About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub design is looking for an experienced Producer to join its newly formed DesignOps team. Producers at Grubhub are natural connectors and problem solvers. They enable design teams to focus on delivering elegant solutions by removing roadblocks and communicating and coordinating across workstreams. They are able to bring a creative approach to solving the “how”, freeing up their design lead peers to concentrate on crafting the “why” & “what.”
We believe design is a part of every product decision and can have a huge impact; for both our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and collaborative – combining research, content, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences.
As a Producer in the DesignOps team you will help define our operational strategy and evolve our holistic design process. With a real passion for the practice and design methods, your focus on the operational aspects of a design team will allow designers to be as effective as possible, and enable us to scale.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate design across multiple workstreams and project initiatives, driving work forward that has many moving parts and a multitude of partners
- Assist in the allocation of designers to product initiatives and work with product design managers to effectively plan and prioritize work
- Facilitate sprint planning, design backlog grooming and other weekly design team ceremonies
- Help estimate and schedule projects, making sure the team is aware of key milestones
- Promote constant and effective communication of design team status – both within and outside the design organization
- Improve the visibility of design work across the business, coordinating critiques and reviews
- Support project teams by facilitating meetings & workshops, ensuring clear next steps and removing any roadblocks
- Help define strategic initiatives that improve the design teams processes, tools, infrastructure, and workflows
- Serve as a reliable point of contact and be responsible for reporting progress of work, communicating status and ensuring expectations are clear
- Work with design leadership to plan and implement initiatives which cultivate a strong, healthy design culture & community at Grubhub
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members in product, engineering, and business to ensure a smooth operational process and successful project delivery
You Should Have
- 4+ years working as a digital producer, program manager, project manager or similar
- Experience working with product designers and design frameworks
- The ability to develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards and workflows
- The ability to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Experience working with engineering and product teams
Got these? Even better:
- Background in design/ux
- Familiarity with JIRA
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top