Producer, Design Operations
About The Opportunity
Grubhub design is looking for an experienced Producer to join its newly formed DesignOps team. Producers at Grubhub are passionate about Design, are natural connectors and problem solvers. They enable design teams to focus on delivering elegant solutions by removing roadblocks and communicating and coordinating across workstreams. They are able to bring a creative approach to solving the “how”, freeing up their design lead peers to focus on crafting the “why” & “what”.
We believe design is a part of every product decision and has the ability to have true impact; for our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and highly collaborative – combining research, content, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences.
As a Producer in the DesignOps team you will help define our operational strategy and evolve our holistic design process. With a passion for the practice and design methods, your focus on the operational aspects of a design team will allow designers to be as effective as possible, and enable us to scale.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate design across multiple workstreams and project initiatives, driving work forward that has many moving parts and a multitude of stakeholders
- Assist in the allocation of design resourcing to product initiatives and work with design leadership to effectively plan and prioritize work
- Help set deadlines and schedule projects, making sure the team is aware of key milestones
- Manage communication within product design teams and with stakeholders and partners in other departments
- Ensure the visibility of design work across the business, coordinating critiques and reviews throughout the entire design process
- Support project teams by facilitating meetings, ensuring clear next steps and removing any roadblocks
- Help define strategic initiatives that improve the design teams processes, tools, infrastructure, and workflows
- Serve as a reliable point of contact and be responsible for reporting progress of work, communicating status and ensuring expectations are clear
- Work with design leadership to plan and implement initiatives which foster a strong, healthy design culture & community at Grubhub
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members in product, engineering, and business to ensure a smooth operational process and successful project delivery
You Should Have
- 4+ years working as a digital producer, program manager, project manager or similar
- Experience working with product designers and design process
- The ability to develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards and workflows
- The ability to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Experience working with engineering and product teams
Got these? Even better!:
- Background in design/ux
- Familiarity with JIRA
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top