Hey! We’re Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–then Grubhub is the place for you!
The Payroll Team Lead is responsible for the coordination of Grubhub payroll processing operations for the team, monitors workflow team assignments and processing deadlines, verifies accurate calculation of wages, tax withholding, and company deductions. This role partners with the People team as well as with individual department managers to ensure that payroll is processed timely, efficiently and accurately.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Business Operations jobs in Chicago, IL delivered to your inbox every week.
The Impact You Will Make
- Audit biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for Grubhub's exempt and non-exempt employees
- Investigate variances and fluctuations in payroll cycles
- Monitor the payroll inbox, answer payroll-related questions and resolve employee issues
- Keep abreast of payroll tax and wage garnishments regulation
- Liase with other departments and external parties on payroll related requests
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements and maintain process documentation
- Lead post-implementation of Workday payroll efforts (e.g. change management, employee issues, training, etc. )
- Maintain all electronic payroll files and internal control documentation
- Create and provide ad-hoc reports as requested (e.g. payroll audit, demographic reports, etc.)
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience in Workday
- Proficient in excel
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Team player and cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
Got these, even better
- Experience with Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. We believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, and provide our employees opportunities to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.