Part-time Customer Care Specialist (Shift: 11am - 4pm M-F)
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Grubhub. We’re looking for more.
Grubhub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes Grubhub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Grubhub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
The Corporate Care team is seeking to hire a number of part-time Specialists who will bring their enthusiasm over and help our corporate clients, vendors and internal teams network with our ongoing growth and success! Are you up for the challenge?
If yes, we need people with a knack for solving tough problems who will focus on delivering exceptional customer service. In this role you will be a driving force in building client and vendor loyalty and growing and supporting our existing client base, you'll deliver effective, relationship-based customer service. You'll tackle challenges that will continually spark your intellect, fuel your passion and drive your professional growth. We need you to liaise between our corporate clients, the vendors that service them, our sales and Account in New York and U.K. and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to their needs. Through it all, your ability to form a trusted bond, listen attentively, be innovative, provide individualized solutions and satisfying the ever-changing needs will make you the critical touch point between Grubhub and our valued Corporate Clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather client information, access and fulfill their needs, educate the restaurants and clients where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through detailed notations
- Process or update client adjustments to their orders and transactions: contract/payment inquiries, change or update account settings, and assist Restaurants with questions and orders via phone, email, fax, and traditional mail
- Respond to Restaurant complaints and service-related inquiries professionally and compassionately and work with Restaurant Care management team to successfully address escalated concerns
- Maintain a balance between company policy and client and Restaurant benefit in decision making
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters
- Collaborate with other departments including Customer Care, Restaurant Tech Support, and Data Operations to research and resolve Restaurant and internal inquiries
- Support department quality assurance program by meeting performance standards, service response time objectives across all contact channels
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated either verbally or in writing, both internally and externally
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the client experience
- Provide back up or assist other departments as assigned
You Should Have:
- Shift 11am - 4pm Monday - Friday
- Flexible hours a must to support our 24/7/365 growing business
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of account management, B2B experience or Contact Center based Customer Service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required, including Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work varied hours in order to meet the needs of all who we support [24/7 service]
- Works well under pressure, able to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Organized, detail-oriented, reliable and dependable; Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong follow through
- Demonstrate passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers both internal and external
- Ability to effectively manage workload, maintain assigned schedule, and attendance standards
Got These? Even Better:
- Prior Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!:
- Paid vacation days
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top