Partner Operations Manager
- Chicago, IL
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are seeking a Partner Operations Manager to work closely with our third-party contact centers. We are looking for someone who is data-driven, business-minded, and results-oriented. Reporting to the Director, Care Operations, this person will be the glue between many critical moving parts. The right candidate is an A-player, exhibits strong leadership qualities, acts independently and also as part of a team. This person is: strategic, proactive, persistent when needed, and supportive and collaborative at all times. This person will be responsible for answering: “Is the partner operating optimally and providing the service necessary for Grubhub to succeed?” and “Is the partner receiving the support needed from Grubhub to be successful?” This person will be responsible for helping drive performance and efficiencies at the partner locations; each location can have several hundred front-line agents and dozens of leaders to manage thousands of customer contacts each day.
The role is preferred in Chicago, IL; Chandler, AZ; or Austin, TX. We are open to remote work arrangements.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Deep involvement in partner operations (tracking progress to goals, identifying areas of opportunity, and working with partner leadership to gain traction on initiatives)
- Responsible for reporting & data analysis and monitoring KPIs & business drivers across all of Care - highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Build out and maintain a reporting platform to display organizational dashboards, vendor performance metrics, manager performance metrics, and agent level performance
- Organize and maintain data for agent performance and key performance indicators
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Troubleshoot problems around the clock to ensure the continuity of the partner operation
- Conduct weekly calls to provide updates on performance, progress, and highlight issues that need addressing with recommendations to move forward
- Support partner employee onboarding and offboarding - ensure best practices are being followed, maintain parity with hiring and ensure the hiring profile is reflective of the Grubhub mission, make recommendations in aid of hiring the best
- Collaborate with internal and external partner leaders to establish team goals and implement strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results against these goals
- Work closely with Care leadership to provide regular feedback
- Attend recurring Workforce Management, Finance, and Quality meetings, and others as needed
- Regular collaboration with stakeholders of Quality, Process Improvement, Product and others in an effort to drive increased efficiency, customer experience, and performance
- Be the communication point so that partner location is: aware of general updates, new programs, and P&P changes from the Care operation and is prepared to take action
You Should Have
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years contact center management required; direct experience with call center outsourcing models preferred
- 3-5 years experience with service provider/client management, business operations, contract management preferred
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills to provide deep-level business insights that lead to process improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Superstar verbal and written communication skills to choose the right tone for different messages for various levels of internal and external customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a sense of authority; people need to like and respect you
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with both Grubhub personnel and partner personnel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution; diplomatically diffuse situations
- Experience with managing confidential and sensitive employee information
- Experience with computer systems: MS Office required including proficiency in Google Suite
- Travel will be required, 25%-40%, primarily international with some domestic
- Flexibility to occasionally work nights/weekends/holidays based on business need
- Internal candidates: This is an exempt position. Please refer to our internal hiring guidelines for eligibility information.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top