Outside Sales Executive (Seattle)
About The Opportunity
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Sell optimized delivery restaurants that generate a high volume of takeout orders through GrubHub’s various technology platforms
- Conduct daily cold calls, walk-in meetings, schedule in person presentations, and sign restaurants
- Have a strong phone and in person sales acumen, and focus on consultative selling, discovery and restaurant “needs” in order to make the best partnership recommendation
- Exceed individual high volume sales goals while working as part of a team
- Represent Grubhub’s core values while working face to face with restaurants
- Execute all required tasks on time and with high quality results
- Become the local market expert: gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, and provide recommendations for improvements to management
- Travel to markets to help launch and expand the Grubhub Marketplace
Although this position is remote, we do ask that the candidates are based in the designated city listed in the job title!!
You Should Have
- A friendly, likable, and professional demeanor that doesn't take no for an answer
- A desire to engage the most desired restaurants in the country: you excel at being a hunter
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area, and 2+ years of successful sales experience
- Fluency in English: language skills in Spanish or Mandarin a major plus
- Restaurant industry experience and/or experience working from home is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to show patience with extreme persistence and meticulous follow through
- Ability to combine insights from past experiences, analytics, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours. Restaurants do not operate on 9-to- 5 schedules
- Solid understanding of SalesForce.com
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly changing business
- Change in territory based on market needs; monthly travel may be required.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Uncapped compensation (Base salary + Monthly commission)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible time off policy and paid company holidays
- Employee stock incentive
- 401k program that includes employer match
- Monthly pre-tax commuter benefit
- Sales contests & team events
- Free Grub
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top