Outside Sales Executive (San Antonio) - $51,500 Base + Commission + Stock
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Sell “pay for results” advertising and exposure to local restaurants in your assigned geographic territory
- Conduct daily cold calls, walk-in meetings, schedule in person presentations, and sign restaurants
- Exceed individual high volume sales goals while working as part of a team
- Sell optimized delivery restaurants that generate a high volume of takeout orders through GrubHub’s various technology platforms
- Represent Grubhub’s core values while working face to face with restaurants
- Execute all required tasks on time and with high quality results
- Be the local market expert: gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, and provide recommendations for improvements to management
Although this position is remote, we do ask that the candidates are based in San Antonio!!
You Should Have
- A friendly, likable, and professional demeanor that doesn't take no for an answer
- A desire to sign up tons of local restaurants: you excel at signing new business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area, and 2+ years of successful sales experience
- Fluency in English: language skills in Spanish or Chinese a major plus
- Restaurant industry experience and/or experience working from home is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to show patience with extreme persistence and meticulous follow through
- Ability to combine insights from past experiences, analytics, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours. Restaurants do not operate on 9-to- 5 schedules
- Solid understanding of SalesForce.com
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly changing business
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top