About The Opportunity
The Operations Specialist’s primary function will be to ensure consistent execution of day-to-day operations of their respective site, focusing primarily on monitoring orders to ensure timely delivery. Using real time data, warning indicators and dispatching maps, the Operations Specialist identify potential delivery issues before they become problems by contacting drivers, re-assigning orders and making proactive calls on late deliveries.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Communicating with diners, drivers, and restaurants
- Identifying and preventing potential issues with deliveries
- Ensuring orders are delivered on time
- Utilizing technology to assist drivers in finding the best routes
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to complete tasks in an organized manner, while paying close attention to details. In addition, the position is ideal for someone who is driven to succeed in a fast paced, varied environment and who has the ability to anticipate and adapt to difficult situations.
Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years Delivery or Operations Experience
- Customer Service Experience-friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- Logistics experience and knowledge is preferred
- Prioritizing multiple tasks while staying organized is a must
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbally and written) and leadership ability
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top