National Restaurant Sales Executive
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Key responsibilities and opportunities you’ll tackle:
- Work with the team to develop the strategic sales approach to your specific market segment
- Learn and understand Grubhub’s growing suite of products
- Research and qualify mid-sized groups throughout the country and introduce/sell Grubhub's suite of products to key decision makers
- Conduct daily outreach, cold calls, and schedule in person presentations using a consultative sales approach
- Develop presentations that cater to specific potential clients
- Exceed individual high volume sales goals while working as part of Grubhub's fast-paced Enterprise team
- Represent Grubhub’s core values while working face to face with restaurant groups (Customer Obsessed, Diverse Collaborators, Curious Innovators, Scrappy Entrepreneurs, Rigorously Analytical, Authentically Fun)
- Execute all required tasks on time and with high quality results. Strategically overcome objections and competition in the marketplace
- Use Salesforce.com for administrative tasks and to stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts
- Be the hospitality expert: have a pulse on the industry, gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, and provide recommendations for product improvement to management and restaurant prospects.
You Should Have
You should have:
- A friendly, likable, and professional demeanor that doesn't take “no” for an answer
- A challenger mentality that excels with a consultative sales approach
- 5+ years of demonstrated & successful sales experience in the hospitality industry with a strong preference of Enterprise groups and/or B2B sales
- High degree of integrity and a “team first” mentality
- Restaurant industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices and procedures
- A desire to work closely cross-functionally with account management, product, marketing, legal, and other internal teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly-growing business
- The capability to travel up to 50% of the time
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top