Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Discovery / Diner Engagement
About The Opportunity
Site Reliability Engineers are embedded in small Engineering teams and focus on the operational aspects of our services. Our SREs run their respective products and services from conception to continuous operation. We’re looking for a Lead SRE (Discovery/Diner Engagement) to be a people and technical leader for a team of high performing SREs. The Discovery/Diner Engagement SRE group helps develop, scale and maintain complex, high throughput services focused on enriching our web properties with diner-provided content, analyzing data to customize the diner experience, and generating content to increase organic traffic growth. You will lead this team to ensure we meet tight SLAs while continuing to be the most innovative food-ordering company on earth.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Python – our primary language for automation
- Java - our primary language for backend services
You Should Have
WHAT’S ACTUALLY REQUIRED:
- Experience with common cloud design patterns (think microservices, SOA, The 12 Factor App, et cetera)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Programming experience in one or more major languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.)
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Understanding of the JVM
- Experience with distributed data platforms (EMR, Hadoop, Spark)
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Managing a team of 2+ direct reports
NICE TO HAVE:
- Java development experience
- Working in an embedded team model
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top