Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Database Engineering (Cassandra)
About The Opportunity
As a Site Reliability Engineer on one of these teams, it’s our job to provide the supporting infrastructure, infrastructure automation as well as systems design knowledge to the team. You’ll be supporting your team’s development, pre-production and production environments.
Our SREs participate in stand-up and sprint planning meetings, while also spending 20% of their on common systems related projects.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Tools we work with:
- Java for micro services
- Docker (in production!)
- Mesos and Marathon for job scheduling
- Combination of AWS and our own hardware
- Python and Fabric for automation and our CD pipeline
- Jenkins for builds and task execution
- Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- DataDog for metrics and alerting
You Should Have
- Someone with a passion for learning
- Someone gutsy who isn’t afraid to try new things
- Someone who is comfortable failing, learning and trying again
- Someone who is data obsessed
- Someone with an automation mindset
- Someone who hates black boxes
- Linux experience
- Proficient in a high level scripting language
- Continuous Integration Knowledge
- Experience with RDBMs and NoSQL implementations
- Knowledge of distributed systems design and constraints
We’ve got a lot of challenges ahead of us and a lot of really awesome things we intend to get done. If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to join an awesome team, we’d love to hear from you. Thanks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top