- Boston, MA
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
On the iOS team, you’ll help us build a world-class ecosystem of restaurant apps. Our work is driven by three questions: what’s best for our users? What’s best for our restaurant partners? And what’s best for ourselves, as developers of our own platform? Our native iOS SDK powers all the apps in our network - a platform of features and customizations that can perfectly tailor our restaurant partners’ apps to what’s best for their users. We’re a group of talented, highly-motivated individuals with a shared passion for clean, well-tested, highly maintainable software. We’re looking to expand our team to support the rapid growth we’re expecting to begin in the next couple months.
The Impact You Will Make
- What tools and strategies help us stay at the cutting edge of the native mobile ecosystem?
- Our SDK is currently the foundation for over 200 apps. How can we safely expand to double that? Quadruple?
- We’re constantly developing awesome new features. Just a few topics we’re looking at for early 2020: a highly configurable homescreen; unified systems of design patterns; enhanced delivery capabilities leverage the powerful Grubhub ecosystem; and collaborating on the popular Grubhub app.
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-2 years of professional native iOS development experience in Swift or Objective C
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Computer science degree, similar technical education, or equivalent practical experience
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Experience making apps that interact with RESTful APIs
Got These? Even Better
- Swift & Objective-C, RxSwift, Dependency Injection, Lottie, UI & unit testing
- Various types of modern mobile architectures
- Continuous integration & delivery
- SDK development
- API & backend development
- Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Back to top