Inside Sales Executive
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Grubhub Inside Sales Executive role is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an impact on our rapid growth immediately. Plus, you’ll be selling restaurant owners exactly what they already want: more business! We help grow restaurant owners’ business in a profitable manner by optimizing their online ordering performance and increase their revenue. In this role, you will gain knowledge of the restaurant industry, while developing strong sales, communication, and analytical capabilities. This will allow you to work with and influence both internal and external stakeholders to drive positive impact for our organization and clients.
You are the frontline of Grubhub’s client facing teams and will be responsible for a book of
business and the business targets that come with it. The majority of your time will be spent on the phone consulting with clients of all sizes and types, advising them on how to get the best return on their GrubHub investment. You will use your problem solving, sales, and objection handling skills to get the job done in a fast paced, high performing environment. When our millions of restaurant owners and customers are happy, so are we!
We reward our Inside Sales Executives with competitive pay (base salary + uncapped commission), contests, opportunities to travel, and a work environment that breeds success.
Role is based in Chicago!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Deliver against assigned monthly and quarterly quotas, while prioritizing and delivering
outstanding customer sales experience to grow our customers’ business.
- Conduct frequent phone consultations with clients to advise them on how to get the best
return on their restaurant business.
- Implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships, tailor and share Grubhub online ordering strategy suggestions and promote other products.
- Communicate with customers proactively.
- Establish relationships via cold calling and other creative outreach programs to deliver a full consultative experience by following up with consistent educational communications.
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working
relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
You Should Have
- Dynamic personality who possesses a positive attitude and desire to be great
- Thrive in a competitive team environment. You want to be the best
- Coach-ability. Open to new ideas and feedback. Constantly looking to improve your skills
- Ability to think strategically and make sound judgment to plan to achieve goals
- Persuasive with demonstrated history of success
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual skills in Spanish or Chinese are a major plus
- Restaurant industry or hospitality experience is great
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Competitive, uncapped compensation (Base salary + Monthly commission)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 18 days of PTO and paid company holidays.
- Employee stock incentive
- 401k program that includes employer match
- Monthly pre-tax commuter benefit
- Sales contests & team events
- Free Grub
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top