Growth Marketing Intern (SEM)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Growth Marketing Intern will report into the Sr. Manager of Growth and focus on developing a comprehensive competitive analysis as it relates to search engine marketing. The growth intern will learn and leverage competitive monitoring tools and keep the paid search team informed of any key learnings within the search ecosystem. By the end of the internship the intern will have developed a dashboard to help alert the search team of any major changes in the space.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work cross functionally with all team members to understand Grubhub’s paid search strategy
- Learn how to use competitive monitoring tools & pull reporting
- Help answer questions about the competitive landscape in search:
- How do do competitors impact click costs?
- What types of promotions are competitors offering? When? Where?
- To what extent do particular competitors overlap with Grubhub’s keyword set?
- Work with data analyst on automating reporting & alerts
You Should Have
- Coursework emphasis in marketing and communications strongly preferred. Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in a college or university
- Understanding and affinity for food
- Strong knowledge & interest in search engine marketing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail and work well under time constraints
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top