Growth Marketing Associate
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We’re looking for a creative, results-focused Marketing Associate to join the Grubhub Growth Marketing team. You’ll be joining a group of fun, smart and hardworking marketers who love to analyze, optimize and constantly grow the business of delivering food happiness.
The Growth Marketing Associate will be responsible for driving new customer growth through a variety of platforms, with a focus on optimizing acquisition metrics such as conversion rates, cost per acquisition (CPA), and ROI by campaign. In this role you’ll work with the Senior Growth Marketing Manager and team to drive the strategy while executing and optimizing a variety of campaigns. You will also focus on some brand building efforts within the channel.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage performance marketing programs. Participate in the strategy and execution of online and offline marketing campaigns that result in driving new customers for Grubhub
- Meet or exceed CPA targets through a rigorous test and learn approach, leveraging customer data, research & analytics to test offers, creative and messaging
- Continuously explore new opportunities for customer growth, including new channels, technologies and partnerships
- Identify, test and evaluate new marketing strategies to reach the right customers at the right time, with the right message
- Collaborate with our creative team and external vendors to ensure campaign assets are created and delivered in the appropriate tone and style to meet our business objectives and align with our brand standards
- Responsible for reporting metrics and tracking goals against each campaign. This includes, but is not exclusive of, adoption rate, new customer impact, order volume impact, and cost per acquisition
- Manage all marketing operations functions for your campaigns, including defining campaign member criteria, list management, CRM and ESP integration, internal and external communications, logistics and vendor management
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 2-3+ years in a results-focused marketing position is required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a solid understanding of how to use Excel for reporting and analysis
- Statistics – You understand and love using statistics to make data more useful and actionable
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights to senior leadership
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and passion for quality without compromising deadlines
- Familiarity with Google Apps and CRM systems; bonus points if CRM experience is with Salesforce
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities
Got these? Even better:
- Tableau, Marketo
- Strong communication and collaboration – Demonstrate a track record as a project manager and as a leader of cross-functional initiatives
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in having significant impact on a developing program at a thriving business. Strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Autonomy – We’re a team of self-starters who love to get the job done. You’ll have a lot of room to own your programs and process. You’ll need a strong entrepreneurial approach, a love of learning and a desire to grow and set your own path
- Results Obsessed – We all want to win. You should too. No one should be calling restaurants or ordering on a paper menu. We want to convert them all and we won’t stop until we do!
- Curious – You should love to question “why?” or “how does that work?” The best person is naturally interested in solving problems and understanding what makes things tick
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top