Front-End Engineer II
- New York, NY
Hey! We’re Grubhub
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Millions of hungry Diners utilize our platform daily in a highly competitive market. Our goal is to find and retain as many hungry people as we can. A core strategy for Grubhub is our loyalty programs. As part of the Offers FE team you will collaborate to roll out and support new loyalty functionality. You will also work to integrate offers into the next generation of the Grubhub Diner app.
The Diner Loyalty Engineering team is responsible for building the Diner Loyalty features on the Grubhub App. We are data-driven and build features at scale. Our goal is to produce features that will generate Diner loyalty and good-will to our platform. We deliver the best-in-class Loyalty benefits to our Diners by giving them most value as they order on our platform. We also enable marketing, small and medium business restaurants and enterprise restaurants to deliver their promotions and campaigns effectively to our Diners. By providing the best Loyalty features to our restaurant and marketing partners, we can satisfy our hungry Diners with the most value possible.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong knowledge of CSS Precompilers
- Experience with one of the 3 major web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- Strong familiarity of server-side web technologies such as Nodejs, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience building and deploying cloud based serverless solutions. AWS Lambda a plus!
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with open source technologies is required and contribution to open source systems is a plus
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior developers
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top