We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Grubhub. We’re looking for more.
Grubhub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes Grubhub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Grubhub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
Grubhub is seeking an Employment Attorney in our Chicago office. In this role you will assist with litigation oversight and also handle employment matters in-house. Also, as part of our legal team you could assist with agreement overflow, including chains, IT and marketing agreements. The ideal candidate is a business-minded employment attorney who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks under tight deadlines. This person is also a creative problem-solver with a great attitude and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Advising management and Human Resources on day-to-day employee relations matters including recruiting, hiring, employee discipline, performance management, terminations and restructurings
- Monitoring labor, employment and benefits law developments and recommending changes to Company policies to management
- Providing training to management and Human Resources on employment law topics and other employment law compliance activities
- Managing responses to any government charges (such as DOL, EEOC, etc.) and related investigations
- Managing labor relations matters and coordinating with Human Resources and outside counsel, including advising on collective bargaining agreement negotiations
You Should Have:
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department with experience in state employment laws and Federal laws
- Working experience with applicable state and federal employment laws
- Member in good standing of the Illinois state bar
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability and desire to work autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
And Of Course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top