About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are hiring for a Driver Specialist position in our Philadelphia location. The Driver Specialist’s primary function will be to recruit and onboard new Delivery Partners while maintaining a healthy relationship with current Delivery Partners. The Driver Specialist will be responsible for creating an engaged community of delivery partners and address any concerns they may have. By providing support through the overall recruitment onboarding and introduction to the Grubhub service you will be the face of the service for this workforce. We need someone who can address and assist in solving issues within the Driver community- essentially being their eyes, ears, and voice to Area Management.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Growing and maximizing engagement within your driver network
- Building presentation and problem-solving skills through leading in person on-boarding sessions
- Selling the value of partnering with Grubhub in a hyper-competitive space
- Master pipeline management to ensure driver supply meets order demand projections
- Working closely with GM and local operations to develop a memorable experience within Grubhub and among our restaurant and driver partners.
- Reviewing and analyzing the recruitment funnel to proactively determine sourcing levels and uncover bottlenecks by making recommendations for improvements and reaching out to candidates to move them through the recruitment funnel
- Providing onboarding support for drivers by issuing new hire paperwork and walking drivers through the onboarding process (including entering into payroll systems) and scheduling and presenting Driver Onboarding sessions
- Overseeing the process whereby drivers schedule themselves to work, including using data to determine daily volume needs, verifying drivers’ availability to support such needs and communicating issues to Operations Specialists and General Managers
- Addressing contractor inquiries with accuracy and urgency and in a professional and compliant manner
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success and want to grow within a top tech company. Thinking on your feet and openness to develop a diverse skill set while wearing different hats is a must. Finally, willingness to grow, take on responsibility, and learn as much as possible is what will set candidates apart. This position is ideal for a competitive, good natured individual driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. This is a full-time position and the schedule will be Monday-Friday 10 am-6 pm.
- Driver and/or personnel management experience is preferred Recruiting experience is preferred
- Previous experience with applicant tracking system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbally and written) and leadership ability
- Proficient knowledge of Google Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top