About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are seeking an energetic and driven Director of Contact Center Strategy to join our evolving Care team. In this role you will report to the VP, Care and will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Contact Center operations strategies. Core duties include conducting a regular deep dive analysis into current contact center capabilities as well as having a very good grasp on industry innovations and capabilities and converting those analysis into actionable strategic plans that improve the Customer experience and internal metrics while also maximizing the financial ROI of the Contact Center.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Management and leadership of performance metrics include contact reduction/efficiency, staffing utilization, concession rates, acceptable turnover, and financial performance.
- Monitor the Service Level Agreements (SLA), improving contact performance, improving use of resources and the adoption of new proven technologies to reduce contacts, increase efficiency and improve the Customer experience
- Actively contribute to the overall Care leadership operational targets, as well as, our daily business decisions
- Engage in leading and inspiring others to think outside of the box and develop best practices in the performance of the Contact Center
- Working alongside the VP, Care provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every contact
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Direct and oversee the Care organization’s strategic and long-range goal planning function
- Drive strategic initiatives and support the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals
- Analyze and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, viability of outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement
- Responsible for overseeing organizational reviews, communicating results to top management, and developing strategies based on organizational reviews
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility; May give input into developing the budget
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance Operations Management or Information Science preferred); MBA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/LEAN or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Proven track record of successful project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members across an organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines
- Highly collaborative and effective communicator with all levels in an organization
Got These? Even Better:
- Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiarity with SQL, Statistics and/or Tableau
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top