Director, Strategic Initiatives
- San Francisco, CA
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Come join the Strategic Initiatives team at Grubhub! We are looking for a candidate that represents our core values: Customer Obsessed, Diverse Collaborators, Curious Innovators, Scrappy Entrepreneurs, Rigorously Analytical, Authentically Fun and also brings a roll up your sleeves and attitude to. In your role you will be working on some of Grubhub’s most innovative projects. Our goal will be to create and prove a strategy in areas we have not developed as formally. If you like the idea of leading the strategy on some of the industry’s most innovative thinking - this is the role for you!
- Utilize experience in consumer and product marketing, partnership management, and BD (or can demonstrate natural talent in a partner management and BD).
- Become a subject matter expert on one of our forward looking initiatives and drive thought leadership internally and externally as we innovate.
- Socialize learnings from external sources as well as between different functions within the organization.
- Work externally with partners both selling them on new ideas as well as providing the support and knowledge they need to bring ideas to life.
- Attend meetings and follow up with partners business development and core partners
- Analyze data and determine strategies to help propel our “think tank” initiatives forward both internally and externally.
- Drive third party partner success through analyzing data and creating innovative strategies.
- Work cross-functionally internally, must be able to get other teams on-board in helping achieve your goals .
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience handling high level external relationships. Experience is a plus, desire is a must.
- Product management and consumer and enterprise marketing experience is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in product management or marketing is required.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top