Director, Restaurant Sales
- Philadelphia, PA
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
We are looking for a senior sales and account management leader based in our Philly location. You will have oversight and direction for the sales strategy and team for our Restaurant Network team.
- Accelerating the growth of revenue through selling Grubhub’s products and services to independent restaurants
- Direct sales team to execute formal sales process to include: prospecting, selling and closing restaurants to be on the Grubhub network.
- Utilize tools to ensure proper market coverage including high proficiency in salesforce.com and other internal teams.
- Recruit and motivate a large team of enthusiastic sellers and managers to exhibit sales excellence and perform at high levels each and every day.
- Successfully importing your knowledge and experience, including knowledge of the market and personal network to develop and execute an effective long-term sales strategy and plan in the market
- Participating and leading client and prospect meetings
- Managing pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast
- Fostering a learning culture, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team
- Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a group of high achieving A-players, based on Grubhub’s company values
- Finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- Effectively communicating thoughts and ideas with peers and leaders
- Willing to risk comfort level and step into unknown projects/tasks
- And other exciting projects assigned by your manager
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of sales management experience, must have led other managers
- 7+ years experience leading and coaching high performing teams (in sales and account management)
- Must be focused and organized and have excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a highly intelligent, driven individual with an extraordinary amount of professionalism and common sense.
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving criticism, asking a lot of questions, and taking ownership.
- Must be extremely responsible, have an open and engaging personality, and a quick mind.
- Strong leader with a track record of driving results and developing his/her team
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top