Director of Regional Marketing
Director, Regional Marketing
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The GrubHub portfolio of brands includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. The company's online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from thousands of takeout restaurants across the country and London, and every order is supported by the company's 24/7 customer service. GrubHub has offices in Chicago, New York City and London.
With a career at GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
We are looking for smart and scrappy ways to surprise, delight and incite our diners to spread the gospel. We believe that evangelism goes a long way toward making us successful. To that end, we’re looking for a Director, Regional Marketing that can help to create and manage various efforts to connect GrubHub Inc. brands to new and existing diners.
Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, the Director of Regional Marketing is obsessed with understanding how local marketing can be executed alongside our sales and marketing teams. He/she is eager to understand our markets are developing, how to drive incremental new and existing orders, and understand how to hyperlocally target our market to drive relevance and brand awareness. You're a team player who will understand how offline and online marketing work together to grow the Grubhub brand at at a hyperlocal market level.
This position will be based out of our Chicago office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand how to drive local marketing efforts by partnership with local sales teams/general managers and centralized marketing functions.
- Source new opportunities for local marketing (guerrilla marketing, local networks, local media placements)
- Work with the centralized data and marketing teams to manage and prioritize initiatives that tie to national campaigns or regional marketing efforts
- Responsible for setting and achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual acquisition goals by markets
- 6-10 years of strong sales team management and field marketing experience (with a special focus on running integrated local/marketing programs)
- Strong relationship management experience: working collaboratively with distributed teams across cities to enable alignment and cross functional communications.
- Strong people management skills; this team has responsibility for several direct reports across several cities.
- This position has influence in budget responsibility and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact across business functions to deliver effective marketing programs
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and able to lead cross-functional executions simultaneously
- Very resourceful, reliable, energetic, and self motivated and knows how to have fun
- A positive, team-player attitude and strong will to win.
- Demonstrates previous experience of success in a similar position, and E-Commerce experience is a plus.
- Ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and translate them into actionable recommendations
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels
- MBA a plus but not necessary
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top