Director of Market Optimization & Planning
Location: Chicago, IL or New York, NY
Director, Market Optimization and Planning
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The GrubHub portfolio of brands includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. The company's online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from thousands of takeout restaurants across the country and London, and every order is supported by the company's 24/7 customer service. GrubHub has offices in Chicago, New York City and London.
With a career at GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
We are looking for smart and scrappy ways to surprise, delight and incite our diners to spread the gospel. We believe that evangelism goes a long way toward making us successful. To that end, we’re looking for a Director of Market Optimization and Planning that can help to create and manage various efforts to connect GrubHub Inc. brands to new and existing diners.
Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, the Director of Market Optimization and Planning is obsessed with understanding how national and local marketing is driving demand of online food delivery. He/she is eager to understand how our customer data/audience profiling, awareness metrics, broadscale tactics, hyper local activities, and emerging platforms are working together to drive new customer growth profitably. You're a team player who will is curious to leverage data and analysis to understand how offline and online marketing work together to drive site conversions and drive customer demand.
This position will be based out of our Chicago or New York City office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand/Optimize the performance of marketing campaigns at both a national and local level by using channel metrics, site metrics and overall ordering behavior to drive strategic recommendations
- Manage and forecast budgets to help identify opportunities to shift marketing investment to better performing channels or test new emerging channels
- Responsible for forecasting monthly, quarterly, and annual acquisition goals by market, by channel and by brand.
- Lead efforts to operationalize function-wide planning and measurement strategies and tools; developing scorecards, reports for senior management, and benchmark performance reviews.
- 8-12 years of strong analytics and measurement experience, with a specific focus on direct response marketing and analysis
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills - supporting an ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans.
- Solid financial management and analysis skills. This position has significant influence in budget responsibility, and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Strong understanding of acquisition marketing operations, platforms and technology
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact across business functions to deliver effective marketing programs
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and able to lead cross-functional executions simultaneously
- Very resourceful, reliable, energetic, and self motivated and knows how to have fun
- A positive, team-player attitude and strong will to win.
- Demonstrates previous experience of success in a similar position, and E-Commerce experience is a plus.
- Ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and translate them into actionable recommendations
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree / MBA a plus but not necessary
Back to top