Digital Marketing Manager - Paid Search
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Grubhub. We’re looking for more.
Grubhub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes Grubhub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Grubhub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
As the SEM Manager you’ll play a key role in growing and shaping the strategic direction of Grubhub’s paid search program. In applying for this position you should be comfortable with cross promoting our site and apps within the search ecosystem, and excited to bring new ideas, risks and challenges of existing approaches to the table. At Grubhub, we are always innovating our methods to take SEM to the next performance level, and this role plays an integral part in that process.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Influence the strategic direction of our entire paid search strategy including keyword selection, ad copy creation, overall campaign structure, RLSA strategy and more
- Set financial goals and the forecast budget needed to achieve them
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Collaborate with internal product & analytics teams to streamline reporting, campaign operations & data feeds
- Develop processes for executing, and reporting on experiments
- Work cross functionally with acquisition and CRM teams to grow new customer base, and to increase order frequency among existing diners
- Own day to day reporting & optimization strategy
- Perform ongoing keyword expansion efforts, ad copy testing and bidding updates
- Manage relationships with current 3rd party search engine teams, technology providers, agencies, and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on the latest search trends
You Should Have:
- 4-6 years experience hands on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts
- Power user capability in Excel
- A proven track record driving positive results for enterprise level paid search programs
- A strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience with SQL
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Kenshoo, Marin, Adobe Media Optimizer
- Strong communication skills- ability to clearly communicate results, key learning, areas of opportunities for SEM program
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
Got these, too? Even better:
- Experience writing Google AdWords scripts
- Experience managing paid social ad efforts on Facebook / Instagram
- Google AdWords Certification
- Experience using feed management tools
- Familiar building and interpreting cohort analysis
- Experience managing local SEM programs is preferred
- Familiar with building Tableau reports
Why apply? Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
*Grubhub Inc. is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Back to top