Digital Analytics, Sr. Analyst
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
You are a mobile and web analytics rockstar eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for driving actionable insights across the organization. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms. You love the promise of big data and will support company growth by taking ownership of data assets and collection methodologies to allow the organization to distill opportunities and themes from that data, and to design programs to test theories and new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights in an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social, and eCommerce.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Independently drive the full cycle of analytics workflow, from data collection to reporting
- Support Product, Marketing, and Finance teams to identify impactful project measurement goals and opportunities for enhancement/optimization.
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements, to measure feature and/or overall product performance.
- Design methodologies for tag documentation, data collection, standardization, and testing protocols to ensure consistency and retention
- Work closely with Engineering teams, to translate business KPIs into technical requirements and to drive workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Manage third-party advertising pixels, while being mindful of data privacy regulations
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with business stakeholders across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Provide training to stakeholders, in order to facilitate the effective use of data
- Work with Legal to ensure data collection is aligned with data privacy guidelines
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
You Should Have
- 6+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- A proactive nature with ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A deep understanding and experience with front-end tag creation, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics reporting tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- Proficiency in ad pixel implementation and good understanding of attribution-window’s impact on marketing campaign performance,
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and reports.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective, ability to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- The ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Grubhub's Employees
Hilary K.Strategic Projects
Hilary leads the work on new, special projects that can help freshen things up and scale the business at a faster pace.
Back to top