Digital Analytics Associate
Digital Analytics Associate
Data Analytics | New York, NY, United States
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
You are a mobile and web analytics rock star eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for driving actionable insight across the organization. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms. You love the promise of big data and will support company growth by taking ownership of data assets and collection methodologies to allow the organization to distill opportunities and themes from that data, and to design programs to test theories and new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights in an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social, and eCommerce.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Work with business stakeholders to identify each project’s measurement strategy and essential KPIs
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements to measure feature and/or overall product performance.
- Work closely with Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to identify new areas of concentration and feature enhancements for tracking and analysis. Design methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency, and data retention architecture.
- Work closely with Development teams to translate requirements for technical leads, and to drive technical workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Ensure consistency of data collection between data collection methodologies, and foster a data retention architecture in conjunction with data engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers, and analysts to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
You Should Have:
- 4+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- A deep understanding and experience with front-end tag creation, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- Experience in Tagging Strategies and Optimization.
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and reports.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective, having a keen eye to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- The ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Fluent in Attribution Analysis to examine Search and Display characteristics as they relate to marketing campaigns.
- Well-versed in building site analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Comfortable working with Clickstream raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- Fantastic database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL.
- Familiarity with Tableau to provide insight into complex data sets.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets and presenting complex information in an easy to understand manner.
And Of Course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
*GrubHub Inc. is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Back to top