Decision Scientist I (Automated Dispatch)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a decision scientist, you are part of a highly motivated, talented, and fun team that solves some of the most challenging problems at Grubhub. We are always looking to identify and apply the best applied math and predictive modeling tools for research and deploy the solutions to drive decisions at various fronts at Grubhub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build and deploy routing algorithms at scale that help us improve the business
- Build data models for real time systems
- Derive insight about business and customer behavior from our proprietary data
- Identify new metrics and scoring methodologies to improve our business
You Should Have
- Experience in formulating a business problem using Mixed Integer Programming, Linear Programming
- Thorough understanding of underlying algorithms used in discrete optimization
- Solid data analysis skills
- Coding experience in implementing optimization solutions
- Experience and ability to read an applied math paper and explain the concepts to the team and how it can be used for the business.
- Ability to query data sources directly using SQL
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Above all a strong motivation to learn new techniques, explore data and implement the solutions to take projects to production
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in Java or Python
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization
- Familiarity with queuing theory
- Experience in models governing network evolution
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top